History of the School

The school was built in 1905 to replace Crew’s Hole School. It began life as an all-through school with a secondary department up until 1968 when it was altered into separate Infants and Junior schools. The two successful schools amalgamated in September 2009 into Air Balloon Hill Primary. We believe it is a special name and a special school!

This photo is in the M-Shed Museum. It was taken, we think, not long after the school was built. Note that this was the ‘Girls’ playground. Boys and Girls had separate playgrounds, gates and doors at that time.

girls-playground

Special Events
  • SUMMER HOLIDAYS? BORED?

    Check out our list of amazing things to do both locally and further afield.

    View Here